Great Wolf Lodge Colorado Spring invited our family to attend their grand opening weekend, and it was everything we had dreamed that it would be and then some! I cannot say enough good things about this place, honestly. There is so much to do and see inside of this, beautiful, gigantic hotel/waterpark.
The indoor water park, which is exclusive to resort guests (you cannot buy a day pass or anything) is a massive 50,000 square feet!
Every minute was full of something fun, the kids were never bored, but the parents weren’t exhausted either. It was like an all-in-one vacation, all of the food you could dream of is located on-site, all of the activities, stores for anything that you might need, etc.
This picture doesn’t even come close to catching the sheer size of it! The kids ran around in the water park area for hours, and hours, the only time that they left willingly was when food was involved or when we were going to do MagiQuest.
The Great Wolf Lodge Colorado Springs water park features:
- Fort Mackenzie® – Multi-level tree house water fort that combines treetop slides and spray stations. The park’s signature tipping bucket dumps hundreds of gallons of water every four minutes.
- Totem Towers – Three two-story body slides attached to Fort Mackenzie.
- Howlin’ Tornado™ – Six-story funnel slide.
- Mountain Edge Raceway® – Four-story water slide with body surfing mat allows riders to race one another as they slide down the hills.
- Wolf Tail™ – 360-degree thrill ride with a vertical plunge through a trapdoor into an enclosed tunnel.
- Alberta Falls® – Four-story enclosed tube slide.
- Whooping Hollow – Kiddie slides exclusively for guests under 52” tall.
- Slap Tail Pond® – Gigantic wave pool complete with waves reaching up to three feet in height as they roll through every five minutes.
- Chinook Cove – Water playground for children of all ages featuring basketball and a poolside climbing wall.
- Big Foot Pass – Unique water obstacle challenges kids and adults alike to balance on floating logs and lily pads and hold on to hanging nets as they try to get across the pool.
- Cub Paw Pool – Zero-depth entry children’s pool with water fountain features and spray-and-play adventures.
What is there to do at Great Wolf Lodge Colorado Springs besides the water park?
We didn’t expect the Great Wolf Lodge Colorado Springs to be anything other than a giant water park and a beautiful hotel, but we found out that there is so much more to it than that!
We ended up fitting nearly every activity that they offer into our weekend visit. We did most of it before-and-after playing in the water park. It really was a fun-filled… well PACKED, weekend!
- The Great Wolf Kids® Program
- Wake Up with Wiley and Friends
- Yoga Tails – Kids of all ages can take part in morning yoga in the Grand Lobby.
- Forest Friends Show
- Wolf Walk – Learn about the many animals and wildlife living in the Northwoods, and make an origami wolf to take home.
- Lunch Time Lineup
- Paws-On Projects
- Face Painting and Balloon Twisting
- A PJ Party with the Great Wolf Kids
- Great Games• Jammie Jamboree
- Story Time – The entire family gathers in the Grand Lobby each evening to hear a story about the Great Wolf Kids characters before bedtime.
- Hustle and Howl
- Scooops® Kid Spa – A unique spa created just for kids complete with ice cream-themed manicures, pedicures and more. Each service also includes a real ice cream treat. With two adult pedicure chairs, mom can indulge too, with a classic or organic pedicure.
Great Wolf Adventure Park featuring:
- MagiQuest® – Battle dragons, befriend a pixie and wave a magic wand in this live-action adventure game throughout the resort. The game features three unique chapters, each with their own challenges and quests.• Ten Paw Alley™ – Family-style bowling with pint-sized bowling balls.
- Northern Lights™ Arcade – A variety of interactive video and redemption games that allow guests to redeem tickets for prizes.
- Howlers Peak Ropes Course® – 20’ tall indoor climbing attraction. While wearing harnesses, kids and parents balance on ropes and climb through obstacles.• Rustic Ridge Climbing Wall – 21’ tall indoor rock wall that can accommodate up to 4 climbers at a time.
- Oliver’s Mining Co. – Guests pan and sift dirt to discover gemstones and minerals and take home what they find in a keepsake collection bag.• Howl in One Mini Golf – 9-hole indoor miniature golf course.
- Clubhouse Crew – Interactive scavenger hunt through the resort starring the Great Wolf Kids characters. Perfect experience for the resort’s youngest guests.
When it comes to dining, Great Wolf Lodge Colorado Springs has plenty to offer-
We never left to eat, there is so much to choose from, there’s no reason to leave.
- Barnwood – Open for lunch and dinner, Barnwood offers farm to fork shareable plates made with local ingredients and craft cocktails.
- Ben & Jerry’s – Located in the resort, guests can enjoy ice cream from this popular brand.
- Hungry as a Wolf® – Located in Great Wolf Adventure Park, this eatery offers family meals on the go for lunch and dinner featuring fresh made pizza, sandwiches, salads, and pasta.
- Buckets Incredible Craveables™ – Located inside the water park, the casual menu offers burgers, hot dogs, French fries, cold beverages, ice cream and more.
- Dunkin’ Donuts – America’s favorite all-day stop for coffee and baked goods, right in the resort.The Loose Moose Family Kitchen – Open for breakfast and dinner, this buffet style restaurant has options for the entire family.
- The Outpost at Great Wolf Lodge – Located in Great Wolf Adventure Park, The Outpost features craft beer and signature cocktails.
- The Watering Hole – Conveniently located inside the water park, The Watering Hole offers signature blended drinks, craft beer, and soft drinks.
We learned so much about the food offerings during the media tour too! Nearly everything on-site is fresh-made, and they use the freezer as little as possible. The chefs go out of their way to find fresh, honest food that many guests are looking for; down to the french fries which are specially sourced, organic, gluten-free (many french fries contain gluten, who knew?!) all the way down to the oil that they are fried in.
The same butcher from a popular East coast burger chain supplies the hamburgers for Buckets Incredible Cravables™ and they are delicious, and worth every. single. penny. Be sure to visit Buckets Incredible Cravables™ right outside the swimming area during your visit, you seriously won’t regret it! Burgers+fries, while the kids are busy playing=happiness.
What if I forget something at home during my visit to Great Wolf Lodge Colorado Springs?
Oh, not to worry! There are some great shopping destinations at the Great Wolf Lodge, pick up your forgotten toiletries or grab something to remind you of your trip forever.
- Buckhorn Exchange™ Gift Shop – Remember a Great Wolf Lodge adventure by taking home the perfect souvenir.
- Bear Essentials™ Swim Shop – From flip flops to swimwear, Bear Essentials has it all and is conveniently located at the entrance to the water park.
- Great Wolf Candy Company – Exclusive candy shop located within Great Wolf Adventure Park offering chocolates, packaged candies, and bulk candy.
Are you looking at Great Wolf Lodge Colorado Springs for a special event or to host a conference?
- Conference Center
Featuring over 20,000 sq. feet of meeting and banquet space with 8 separate and configurable meeting rooms
- Seasonal Events- Month-Long Seasonal Events
- Spring-a-Palooza – March
- Scavenger hunts
- Spring-themed activities throughout the resort
- Bubble dance parties
- Howl-O-Ween™ – October
- Family-friendly Halloween celebration all month long featuring:
- Trick-or-Treat Trail
- Spooktacular Story Time
- Daily Costume Parade
- Monster Bash Dance Party
- Snowland® – December
- The resort is transformed into a winter wonderland complete with:
- Daily snow showers in the Grand Lobby
- Special appearances by Santa Claus
- Dining in the life-size Gingerbread House
- North Pole University
Our review of Great Wolf Lodge Colorado Springs-
We had a great time! I think this was hands down one of the best family vacations we have ever been on. The kids were busy the whole time, there was little-to-no complaining and absolutely no one said they were bored (how often does that happen? Never! Right?!)
Our kids are older, and really good swimmers so we were able to sit poolside while they had fun playing, and going down the slides. It was so nice that we were able to relax and have adult conversation without worrying about what the kids were doing.
We did go on the MagiQuest with the kids, at least for part of it (the other part of our quest we split off from them and did a little race, which they won… of course) and I can attest to the fact that this is as much fun for adults as it is for kids. I was wishing we would have bought one of the toppers from the MagiQuest shop, that way we could have beat the kids 😉
Overall, this was something we want to do again for sure! The kids loved it, the adults loved it, it was relaxing for us and fun for them. We didn’t have to drive from attraction to attraction, like most vacations, which saved time and energy. Everyone was happy, that has never happened on a vacation before. It was perfect!
Disclosure: We were invited to attend the opening weekend of Great Wolf Lodge Colorado Springs so that we could do this review. The opinions above are 100% my own and were not influenced in any way. No other compensation was received.
Even though we attended for free, I would gladly pay to go back, it was that good! Trust me.