If you are looking for DIY Toner Tabs, you’ve come to the right place. If you know what Toner Tabs are, you know that they are pretty pricey at a certain luscious store 😉 Making them at home costs pennies per tab, and takes about 10 minutes to make a whole tray of them!
If you don’t know what the heck Toner Tabs are, they are little tablets that you use to give yourself a mini-steam facial at home. You get a bowl of steaming hot water, cover your head and the bowl with a towel, and drop a tab into the water. Let the steam refresh your face, while you relax and enjoy!
DIY Toner Tab recipe-
- ½ cup Baking Soda
- ½ cup Citric Acid (Great for uneven skin tone, unclogs pores, reduce acne, wrinkles)
- 2 Tbsp Aloe Vera Powder – (Prevents signs of aging, moisturizes skin, reduces acne, lightens blemishes, soothes sunburns)
- 10-15 drops of Tea Tree essential oil (antibacterial/anti-fungal), you can really use any essential oil that you would like; Lavender, Joy, Geranium, Eucalyptus, the possibilities are endless!
- Water or Witch Hazel in a spray bottle
- A plastic or silicone mold
- Optional- dried lavender, or herbs. I used Lavender that I bought at a craft store.
DIY Toner Tab directions-
This is my first video, really ever, and certainly my first high speed demo… so please, be kind!
Step 1- In a glass bowl, measure out the baking soda, citric acid, and Aloe Vera powder. Mix it together, try to smash up the little clumps.
Step 2- Drop in the Tea Tree oil and stir some more.
Step 3- Now it’s time to spray the mixture with the Witch Hazel/water. This part is important if you want your tabs to be beautiful; you must *not* get them too wet, in this recipe dry is good. I sprayed my first batch 15 times, thinking they were too dry, and they expanded a ton and looked less than perfect. The second batch I sprayed about 8 times, and they were great. The mixture should seem pretty dry, that’s ok.
Step 4- Press the mixture into the molds and pop it into a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until they are dry. Wait until they are fully cooled to pop them out of the molds.
A hint- If the first one you pull out is crumbly, try spraying a squirt or two of Witch Hazel/water on top of the rest of the ones that are still in the mold, press them down again and wait for them to dry. If they over-flowed, you had too much moisture, they will still work perfectly!