We are super picky about the food that we buy in our home, I have always been the “nervous type” when it comes to food… any of my friends who have eaten with me can vouch for that; actually, anyone who has talked to me about food can vouch for that! The thing is, in our house (and most homes) dairy items are serious business that we just can’t live without. Milk, butter and cheese – are some of our family’s staples and need to be purchased regularly. Lucerne is the only brand that covers every major dairy category with a wide variety of products. Recently, for the holiday, I have even seen some limited edition Cranberry Orange Cream Cheese, Peppermint Whipped Topping and Pumpkin Pecan Creamer! They had me at “pumpkin.”
For 110 years, families have trusted the simple goodness of Lucerne as a wholesome, healthy and nutritious dairy brand that can be found exclusively at your local Safeway stores. While Lucerne packaging has been given a makeover, you can remain confident that you will continue to get the same high quality dairy products at a great value that you have come to know and love. The new Lucerne packaging is adorable, look-
I didn’t buy anything seasonal on this shopping trip, but when I saw these, I realized that I really need to! Then, I found a recipe from Safeway for Cream Cheese Pumpkin Dip (click here to print out the full size recipe card), and I realized that I *must* make that for one of our Christmas events! I almost have everything that I need in my kitchen already, one more little trip to Safeway and this dip is going to be in my belly.
This is just one of the many recipes that you can find on the Lucerne Pinterest boards. I am following that board closely, and you should too. I have seen amazing Cheese Ball recipes, Chicken, Avocado, and Cheddar melts, Cinnamon Twists with Cream Cheese Icing, Salted Banana Caramel Pudding, and more!
I decided that for an easy, weeknight dinner, I would make grilled turkey and cheese panini sandwiches with creamy tomato soup. I had a hard time deciding on what kinds of cheese(s) to put on the sandwiches, because honestly, Lucerne offers so many of my favorite cheeses.
My recipe for creamy tomato soup was adapted from this recipe.
Creamy Tomato Soup Recipe
- 28 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes (blended)
- 4 cup Chicken Broth
- 1Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Lucerne Heavy Cream
- 2 Tbsp Lucerne Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine the blended tomatoes, chicken broth, and Italian seasoning in a crockpot
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Add 2 tablespoons of Lucerne butter
- Warm the Lucerne Heavy Cream in the microwave until it is warm, but make sure not to boil it.
- Add the warm cream into the soup and stir well, serve.
While the soup is finishing up, you can get your panini’s ready
Grilled Turkey and Cheese Panini
- Lucerne cheese of your choice (we used Gouda and Swiss)
- Bread of your choosing
- Lucerne butter
- Butter one side of each slice of bread, and set them to the side
- Chop up the turkey and cheese and put it into a non-stick pan over medium heat until the cheese is getting melty
- Place the cheese and turkey mixture on the non-buttered sides of the bread to form a sandwich
- Place the sandwich in your panini press, or pan until golden brown
Disclosure: I worked with Safeway and Lucerne on this post. All opinions are 100% my own and were not influenced in any way.