I decided to make Peppermint Sugar Scrub for Jason’s work friends, since I had made my own and really loved it. I had found a few on Pinterest that I really thought were cute, they were red and white stripped, like a candy cane! So cute, I used my own recipe and made it candy cane striped, but you could do anything that you want!
- 2 cups white or cane sugar
- 1/4 cup liquefied coconut oil, I set my jars of oil in hot water before I make this (add this slowly and combine, because you may need to adjust the amount to get the texture you desire). You can also buy Fractionated Coconut Oil, which is always liquid, its a great option!
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil or other carrier oil that doesn’t solidify like coconut oil does (This keeps the scrub from getting really solid from the coconut oil)
- Red food coloring
- Peppermint essential oil (More on that here)
- Jars (I bought a few of varying sizes from a craft store, but you could use any jar of any size)
Directions for Peppermint sugar scrub
- Pour sugar into a mixing bowl
- Add coconut oil and Olive Oil and stir, add more oil until desired texture is achieved
- Add a few drops of peppermint essential oil into the sugar mixture. I ended up adding around 10 to my mix, but you should add the drops slowly and be sure to not add too much.
- Divide your sugar scrub, I didn’t want too much red (I’ve heard people say that if you add too much red it can dye your hands). I divided around 1/3 in one bowl and kept 2/3 in the other
- Add a drop or two of food coloring into one of the portions (be careful not to add too much!)
- In your jar, alternate pink (red) and white layers of sugars. I used the red food coloring bottle to press down each layer before adding the next layer.
- Print up a label and decorate the jars however you see fit. I tied a little bow, and put a label with directions on it. The directions included not getting it in your eyes (because Peppermint oil…) and talked about warming it a little bit before using it.
If you have questions just leave them below and I’ll reply as soon as possible.
Want to buy Young Living essential oils? Click here!