On my birthday Jason invited me to see a new movie that was coming out, called Chef. I hadn’t seen a single commercial for this movie, although since then I have seen a couple, so I didn’t know what to expect. I watched the official trailer (below), and I thought I would give it a shot.
After seeing the trailer and seeing the amazing cast, I was ready to go!
A chef who loses his restaurant job and then opens up a food truck in an effort to reclaim his creative promise. While he is dealing with losing his job, and opening his food truck, he is also trying to figure out how to be a good dad to his young son.
Was Chef the movie good?
Yes, actually, it was one of my favorite movies of the year so far! I really loved it, and I think everyone else in the theater did too because people clapped at the end. It was an honest-to-goodness feel good kind of movie. It was inspirational in the way that it reminds you that sometimes you can follow your dreams and be true to yourself and things will work out. I kept waiting for your typical movie drama where things go wrong, this happens, that happens, this person dies, this person explodes into a giant fireball, etc. There are always ups and downs in movies, but not so much with this one. It was just beautiful!
I would recommend this movie to anyone who loves food, or a good story line, or both.
Who is in Chef the movie?
- Jon Favreau plays the main character, Carl Casper, you might recognize him from The Wolf of Wall Street.
- John Leguizano plays Carl Casper’s side kick of sorts, Martin, you might recognize him from Super Mario Bros. or a dozen other movies. I seriously love this guy, I would watch any movie that he’s in.
- Bobby Cannavale plays a co-worker/friend of Carl Casper, and you might know him from Nurse Jackie.
- Scarlett Johansson plays Molly, the front of house worker at the restaurant. You know her from being Scarlett Johansson 😉
- Dustin Hoffman plays the owner of the restaurant.
This cast is incredible and packed with big names beyond what is listed above, including;
- Sofia Vegara, Oliver Platt, and Robert Downey Jr.