Denver’s only independently owned kitchen and housewares retail store, Compleat Lifestyles, has revealed its Colorado-Made Mother’s Day Gift Guide. The Centennial-based store, which just celebrated its 30th anniversary, offers a unique selection of kitchen products, gourmet food, gifts, home décor and women’s accessories, with a special emphasis on Colorado-made, USA-made and fair trade products.
The top five items that made the Compleat Lifestyles 2014 Colorado-Made Mother’s Day GiftGuide, include:
- “Tasting Colorado,” $19.95 – This Mother’s Day give your mom the gift of Colorado cuisine! In her cookbook “Tasting Colorado,” local chef Michele Morris has compiled 120 recipes from Colorado’s finest restaurants, lodges and guest ranches to present an exquisite blend of Western flair and Rocky Mountain charm. The cookbook, available at Compleat Lifestyles, is a wonderful gift in itself, but better yet, give your mom a chance to learn from the chef herself at our cooking class taught by Morris onTuesday, June 17 from 6:30 – 8 p.m.The class costs $49.
- Rosy Rings Beach Collection Tin, $32.99 – This Mother’s Day give your mother a unique, one-of-a-kind hand-poured candle by Denver’s Rosy Rings. Inspired by treasures washed ashore, the new Beach Collection Tins are whitewashed, distressed metal tins topped with knobs colored in sea glass shades. Hand-poured with 100% natural wax, each 16 oz. candle burns for approximately 80 hours. Three scents are available – driftwood, pacific flower and sea louts.
- Maruca Roo Pouch, $25 – The Roo Pouch is the perfect little bag for mom’s hands free outings when she only need the essentials. It features a zipper top for full compartment access, a slanted zipper small compartment on one side for easy card access and a split key ring at the top. This is a great gift by Maruca Design, a Boulder-based company that creates fashionable handbags for style-conscious women in many fabrics, styles, textures and colors.
- Truffnies, $8.99 – $24.99 – Satisfy your mom’s sweet tooth with Truffnies this Mother’s Day. Hand crafted in Centennial, Truffnies award-winning artisan chocolates made with all-natural and organic ingredients, baked in small batches that result in flavors that will engage the senses. These chocolate confections are a perfect combination of European truffles and the All American brownie – the result is a rich and velvety texture of epicurean delight your mom is sure to love!
- SPARQ Wine Pearls, $26.99 – A perfect gift for wine loving moms, the SPARQ Wine Pearls offer chilled temperatures and a touch of class to every glass of wine your mother enjoys. Pull one or two pearls from the freezer, add them to a glass of wine, martini or cocktail, and mom can enjoy sipping in style. Made from polished stainless steel and hand crafted right here in Denver by SPARQ Home. (not pictured above)
“While the big-box retailers focus on mass-market products produced overseas, we seek out products that have meaning to the buyer as well as to the producer,” said Connie Stevinson, owner of Compleat Lifestyles. “This Mother’s Day we encourage you to support local manufacturers and authors by giving your mom a Colorado-made gift.”
Compleat Lifestyles has a robust selection of Colorado-made, USA-made and fair trade products at both of its Gourmet & Gifts and Home Accents stores. In addition to its retail offerings, the store hosts a variety of cooking classes and home décor workshops throughout the year. For more information, visit www.compleatlifestyles.com or call (303) 290-9222.
About Compleat Lifestyles
Founded in 1984, Compleat Lifestyles (formerly Compleat Gourmet & Gifts) is a home accent, gift and kitchen retail store with a goal to blend affordable living with world experience. Its buyers research products that are locally made, hand-crafted, and fairly traded in order to educate consumers about where their products come from. Compleat Lifestyles is comprised of two stores – Gourmet & Gifts and Home Accents – both located in the Southglenn Square shopping center in Centennial, Colo. It is the only independently owned kitchen and housewares retail store in the Denver Metro area. For more information, visit www.compleatlifestyles.com and follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Disclosure: I am receiving one or more of the products above in order to review the item. All opinions are 100% my own and were not influenced in any way.