When I go to a baby shower I am always hoping that they will have this yummy punch, but I have never made it myself until now! This non-alcoholic punch is gorgeous and delicious for everyone.
I made one cup just to show you how gorgeous it is, but you would generally make it in a giant punch bowl… since I don’t actually have a party going on, I didn’t want a whole huge bowl of it!
- A can of any clear soda that you choose (I used Sierra Mist as my drink but you can use any clear soda or even ginger ale as the base)
- Get a beautiful glass, canning jar, or whatever you want to drink out of
- A pint of Whole Fruit Sorbet, any flavor (I used Black Cherry, but any berry flavor would be amazing).
Directions for making 1 glass of punch-
1. Pour in a can of soda or ginger ale, leaving an inch or so at the top to allow room for the sorbet (mine is a bit lower because I thought I was a rock-star blogger who could pour soda WHILE taking the picture and it turned out I was wrong… some of my soda, ok lots of my soda, ended up on the table)
2. Open your sorbet and try to avoid eating it, get a couple of little scoops or 1 regular sized scoop of sorbet and drop it into your cup.
3. Tada! Your basic shower punch in a 1 person serving size
To make a bunch of punch-
If you are planning to make punch for a party or get together, the theory and flavor of the punch remains the same but obviously the amounts change.
- 2 liters of your choice of clear soda or ginger ale
- 48oz or 3 pints of sorbet, you can feel free to use a couple of flavors together in a big batch. Don’t be shy!
1. Pour your soda into your punch bowl
2. Add scoops of the sorbet on top, there is no real set amount, I just add scoops until the top has sorbet covering most of it. That’s it! Your punch is done! It will get a bit foamy (as you see in the picture above) but that is the best part of the drink, in my opinion. Since there aren’t really set amounts you can just refill your punch bowl however you see fit… add more soda here or more sorbet there, no matter how you mix it, it will be great!
Whole Fruit Sorbet
Whole Fruit Sorbet offered to send me a case of their sorbet and I happily agreed to do a review of it but I didn’t think it would compare to my usual frozen dessert choices, it was worth a shot though, right? When I got the case I put the flavors (Mango, Black Cherry, Raspberry, Strawberry and Lemon) into the freezer without much thought. A few days later I had a craving for something cold and sweet and I opened the freezer to find all of these sorbet options. I cracked open the lemon and took a bite, I am not kidding in anyway when I say “WOW!” it was so delicious! I was instantly ready to open every single container to see if anything could be better than the lemon!? In the end of my sampling spree, it was decided that they were all delicious but lemon remained my favorite for sure.
These sorbets were voted Best Flavors by Cooking Light Magazine! and I can tell you why! WHOLE FRUIT Lemon and Mango Sorbet are bursting with refreshment.
- Naturally fat free
- Full 16 fl. oz. size pint
- Smooth and creamy taste
- Refreshing, unique flavors
Disclosure: I was provided with Whole Fruit Sorbet in order to do this review. No other compensation was received and the opinions above are my own and were not influenced in anyway.