Here is a simple dessert that everyone loves, brought to you by my best friend Amanda. Her in-laws go crazy for it and I know you will love it too!
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 4 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package raspberry (or blackberry) flavored gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen raspberries (an ounce is approximately 5 raspberries)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Mix together the pretzels, 4 1/2 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside to cool completely.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
3. In the mean time in a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Once the gelatin is mixed into the water add the cold water and stir. Mix in frozen raspberries, and stir until thawed. Put the gelatin and berries mixture in the fridge for 15 minutes
4. Pour the gelatin mixture over cream cheese mixture in pan. Refrigerate until completely chilled, at least 1 hour